Thursday, March 6, 2014

C.I.A. Employees Face New Inquiry Amid Clashes on Detention Program



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: barry levine 
Date: Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Subject: re: C.I.A. Employees Face New Inquiry Amid Clashes on Detention Program
To: "letters@nytimes.com"


To the Editor:
   After his C.I.A. mislead him into the debacles of the Bay of Pigs and Vietnam, president Kennedy realized that the Agency has a political agenda of its own.  "I want to splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds" were his words.  Of course, he didn't and the C.I.A. has grown only bigger and bolder in the interim. Now it challenges proper Congressional oversight and even spies on our Legislature.
   President Kennedy wasn't wrong. The C.I.A. poses an existential threat to the functioning of our Republic; if it can't be reformed and leashed, it must be  shut down.
Barry Haskell Levine



http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/05/us/new-inquiry-into-cia-employees-amid-clashes-over-interrogation-program.html?_r=0

No comments: