Saturday, March 13, 2010

Getting Obama Right

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/12/opinion/12brooks.html?src=me&ref=homepage

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: barry levine 
Date: Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 7:46 AM
Subject: re: Getting Obama Right
To: letters@nytimes.com


To the Editor:
   Mr. Brooks asserts that president Obama has been consistent, and that it's his critics who fail to see it. Perhaps that point's too subtle for me. When candidate Obama announced that he "opposes any form of immunity" for the telecom companies who conducted illegal wiretaps in violation of the FISA statute, I cheered. When senator Obama voted six months later for immunity for these telecom companies, I looked for an explanation. President Obama's waffling is not an artifact of my partisan eye-wear. He needs to get going on the tangible promises he made as a candidate.
Barry Levine

No comments: