Thursday, November 8, 2007

CIA techniques

Debate Erupts on Techniques Used by C.I.A.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/05/washington/05interrogate.html
to the editor:
I can no longer be surprised that the Whitehouse press secretary offers coy and ambiguous "clarifications". When ms. Perino characterizes C.I.A. interrogations procedures as "lawful", does she mean that they were enacted by our legislature and interpreted by our judiciary? Does she mean "lawful" as in "when the president does it, that means it's not illegal"? As a citizen, the state's sins are my own. It is my responsibility,through my representatives in the Congress, to oversee and investigate the workings of our system of government. Perhaps the Whitehouse press secretary will give us a second, better effort at communicating.
Barry Levine1142 brown ave lafayette, CA 94549

No comments: